OptonPro – a Zimmer MedizinSysteme device for high-power laser therapy up to 7W.
Pain therapy paired with easy and convenient operation at the push of a button – that is the new OptonPro laser therapy device in a nutshell.
The highly effective laser emits up to 7 Watt of power simultaneously on two wavelengths using an ergonomically designed applicator, thereby offering a very wide range of therapy. Two easily mounted spacers and an integrated calibration sensor ensure high-safety laser therapy.
The method is used very successfully by therapists worldwide. With OptonPro, Zimmer MedizinSysteme now offers a system that compactly combines all advantages of the treatment with the lowest operating and maintenance costs while providing ease of use and maximum flexibility.
Appliance & Advantages
The high-power OptonPro laser is appropriate for treating
- Musculoskeletal diseases
- Painful trigger points
- Neuralgia and skin disorders
Two wavelengths in one device
- OptonPro has two wavelengths in the near infrared range. Infrared lasers achieve positive results for the described indications. Both wavelengths are absorbed by body tissue (water, blood, melanin) to a much lesser extent than other wavelengths, for instance those in the visible range.
- The 980 nm wavelength has a lower tissue-penetration capacity, is absorbed near the surface and has an analgesic effect via a reflex pathway.
- The 810 nm wavelength has a far greater tissue-penetration capacity and a biostimulant effect, resulting in an acceleration of cellular activity.
- The simultaneous application of both wavelengths in a single treatment session optimises the therapeutic effect since superficial pain receptors as well as deeper tissue structures are stimulated. Both wavelengths are simultaneously emitted at the same power.
7W of power
The penetration depth of laser light is a function of power.
- The extraordinarily high power of OptonPro means sufficient intensity to reach even deep tissue layers. The power of the OptonPro laser is infinitely variable up to 7W.
- OptonPro thereby combines the laser radiation of two suitable wavelengths with exceptionally high power.
Easy to use
- The 30 cm colour touchscreen makes operation fast, clear and easy.
- The touchscreen can be used to select the various treatment recommendations. The therapist is provided with application recommendations as well as professional information about the treatment.
- OptonPro also features a favourites and memory list, each with 120 storage spaces. Customised programs can be stored in both lists.
Safety without compromises
- A comprehensive package of safety features ensures that application is absolutely safe, even at the high power of OptonPro: In addition to the multi-step laser activation with password protection, a safety foot switch, an emergency off button and the accompanying safety glasses ensure safety without compromises.
- The heat threshold test supports the user in selecting the appropriate power output. This prevents overdose and potential tissue damage in people with a wide range of skin types.
- Two different spacers that can be quickly and conveniently exchanged maintain a defined distance between the laser applicator and the skin.
- An integrated calibration sensor ensures that the correct amount of power is emitted at all times.
- 4 laser diodes in parallel operation
- 810 nm and 980 nm wavelength
- Max. 7W, continuous, unpulsed
- Min. 0.8 cm²
- With small spacer min. 3.1 cm²
- With large spacer min. 9.0 cm²
Class 4 Laser
- Comply with relevant regulations
- 100 – 240 V~, 50 Hz / 60 Hz, 220 V / 60 Hz
Intended use and indications not valid for the USA.